RGB whisky or spirit barrel storage racks deliver a barrel storage density unachievable by other methods. The RGB CBR is our exclusive, innovative barrel storage system that provides a high level of safety, manageability, and space utilisation. Each rack holds two barrels and can be stacked eight high. In barrel sheds with sufficient roof height, barrel storage can be increased by 40%. Unlike other storage systems, there is no weight on the barrel as each rack supports the weight of all the racks above it.
The barrel rack is constructed entirely of galvanized material with weld joints covered with cold galvanizing paint, or alternatively the racks can be hot dipped galvanized. Stacks are straight and stable and the time-consuming practice of barrel-matching and precise positioning of barrels to try to achieve stable stacks is eliminated. The RGB system offers a safer alternative to barrel shed occupational health and safety concerns, with barrels supported within the frame. With its proprietary interlocking nesting plugs located on all rack posts, the RGB barrel storage rack is simply superior in terms of hazard mitigation. With the ability to rack thin-staved barrels much higher than would otherwise be possible, warehousing is made more economical and effective with productivity gains of up to 35% having been achieved in barrel shed logistics.
Our CBR Barrel Racks are particularly effective in earthquake conditions where the potential devastation that can be caused has long been a major concern for the global whisky & spirit industry. We have been remarkably successful in Canada, the U.S.A. and New Zealand due to the recognition that the design is very effective in areas affected by seismic activity.
To compliment the system, RGB Industries has also developed barrel lifting attachments for forklifts to eliminate manual handling concerns. With the addition of specially designed rollers, barrels can be rotated to any position whilst still in the rack. This is most useful in assisting to agitation without the introduction of oxygen into the barrel. The rollers also assist with barrel positioning and washing while remaining in the rack.
The intellectual property associated with the system is protected by granted patent and registered design. Our CBR racks stack height is engineer approved and they are earthquake rated for seismic activity. CBR racks can be made for a wide range of barrel sizes including (but not limited to): barrique, hogshead, or puncheon. If your barrels are not a standard size we can make them custom for you!
To summarise, our rack offers the following advantages:
1) No weight at all on barrel (Leakage and damage reduced)
2) With adequate roof height, storage capacity can be doubled, reducing the storage cost/litre of wine (8 high = 6.4m to 7.2m depending on barrel sizes)
3) Offers a safer and more efficient alternative for barrel shed OH&S requirements
4) Estimated productivity gains of 30-40% in Barrel Shed logistics
5) The Barrel Rack will efficiently hold all sizes of barrel, local and imported
6) The RGB Barrel Rack is virtually indestructible, being made from galvanised Duragal RHS.
7) Semi-trailer loads of up to 170 Racks possible.
8) The RGB Barrel Rack is complimented by a range of materials handling equipment for barrel lifting, turning and washing.
Call David on the numbers above, or Rob on 0418 806 517, for an obligation free quote and to discuss your needs